Canadian Association of Optometrists (CAO)
The CAO is the national voice of optometry, representing over 4500 doctors and optometry students from coast to coast. All provincial association members are automatically a member of the CAO.
Similar to the AOA in the US, the CAO corresponds with Parliament on federal matters affecting optometry and to educate and advocates for changes to law and patient care pertaining to the country.
For more information, visit opto.ca
Provincial Association Directory
It is important to join your provincial association! They provide resources such as billing help, practice management, and advocate provincial changes such as scope expansion and remuneration negotiations. Your voice matters to the profession:
- Alberta – www.optometrists.ab.ca
- British Columbia –bc.doctorsofoptometry.ca
- Manitoba – www.mb-opto.ca
- New Brunswick – www.nbao.ca
- Newfoundland and Labrador – www.nlao.org
- Nova Scotia – www.nsoptometrists.ca
- Ontario – www.optom.on.ca/oao
- Prince Edward Island – www.peioptometrists.ca
- Quebec – www.aoqnet.qc.ca
- Saskatchewan – www.optometrists.sk.ca